Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Visit Home

_MG_6453

On the drive to Tanner's Apple Orchard in Peoria, Illinois. It's weird how you don't realize you're surrounded by corn in Illinois until you move away.

_MG_6414

I was looking for businesses or buildings that are specific to my hometown. I'd ridden by this TV repair shop every day on my way to grade school, but when I saw it this weekend with my camera it was completely different. What a strange little place.

_MG_6388

This is an apple tree outside of my old high school that I used to avoid. The apples fall and rot and stepping on one on the way to your car was always a frustration when fall started.

_MG_6510

A hayride with my friends Sam Conrad, Derek Gumm and Gene Yu.

_MG_6514

Roxy found a caterpillar!!

2 comments:

William Lounsbury said...

I want a VCR now!

Clare said...

I love the caterpillar picture and the apple tree--the lights look like stars!