Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fresh Market in Mumbai

_MG_2597

_MG_2636

_MG_2569

_MG_2622

_MG_2580

_MG_2590

_MG_2610

As you saw, it's been raining a lot in Mumbai, and my camera body is water resistant so I haven't been too worried about it get hit with a few drops here and there. I've never let it get drenched and when it does get wet I dry it off as soon as I can. However, I was shooting at this market and as we were leaving, I went to review the last picture I had taken and the camera was dead. I figured it was the battery, but when we got home the battery was fully charged. Now i'm out of a camera, which is really really sad. I took it to the Canon Service center and hopefully they can fix it before I got Shimla next week. Boo!

3 comments:

dusitn said...

what you could do is take the battery out and put the camera in the oven for a few hours on the lowest heat and keep the door cracked. or get a bag of rice and keep you camera in the bag of rice for a few days. these sound like really weird solutions but they work. hope you get your camera back in time. nice shots. i like the color :)

Anonymous said...

omg- please please please be fixable! your images are so beautiful- and for once i actually WANT to go to mumbai- i've never had an urge to go to that area in my life- but everything's so bright and colorful and ... yep... this is why the photo gods sent you there. and surely they wouldn't do such a thing and allow your camera to die... that would just be cruel.

zach said...

hott stuff, pinto. i've been running around europe far away from the world wide web and I return to find so many treasures on your blog! I love a couple of shots from the beach and so many more. holy shiznit, your gonna have an awesome summer!