Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day 3 - Hittin' up the museums.

So this post and the two below it document my trip through Paris where I had an absolutely wonderful time. My cousin and I stayed with a family friend who lives in the heart of the city and was a very gracious host. We tried to see all of the sights in the three or four days we had in the city, but also to do things on a whim and just enjoy ourselves. I loved the streets of Paris more than any other city I've been to. Every morning I woke up and went for a walk and took pictures and stopped at a boulangerie for a pastry and coffee - I loved it. I'm glad that I got all of the typical Paris stops done because next time I go back I'll be able to anything I want and see all of the different neighborhoods. The time we had there was lovely, but felt short.

Now I'm in Mumbai, India. I arrived two days ago and I've been visiting family and eating delicious food and shopping a lot. I haven't even had time to take more that 20 pictures. Once I feel a little more comfortable walking around along in the city I'll have lots of posts for you all, I promise.

All in all, I'm so happy and I hope you enjoy the photos. Remember, you can click the photo to view it larger.



A woman lights a prayer candle in an Orthodox Church in Paris.



A museum employee watches visitors at the Louvre.






The Louvre.



The Mona Lisa and her fan club.






Some kids sitting near the Pont des Arts.

3 comments:

William Lounsbury said...

AHHHH!

all 3 of these posts are so beautiful! I'm so glad you had a good time and made wonderful pictures.

I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve = )

Love,
Will

Iavora said...

I can't begin to explain how in love with France I am, so I'm glad you had such a nice time.

These are all pretty wonderful!
I like the Mona Lisa and the little kids photos a lot.

COLLEGE!

Jake said...

mona is rather anticlimactic