Friday, April 11, 2008

Something I May Never Be Good At...

Sports photography is so hard. It's difficult because I don't know anything about the sports themselves and I am therefore intimidated by shooting something that's cliche or just boring. I had to shoot some sports for my photo class and this is the best I could do in a day:




Zach Kurzejeski of the junior varisity Rock Brigde baseball team prepares to bat during a game against Hickman on April 9, 2008 in Columbia, MO. Hickman won the game 6 to 4.




Hickman high school sophomore Mike Hostetler practices with the track team on Wednesday April 9, 2008. Hostetler participated in also track his freshman year, but this is his first year attempting pole vaulting.







2 comments:

Stuart Peterson said...

I love the one of the pitcher warming up. The angle of view is interesting and it shows your creativity during event coverage. You looked for something different and you found it and you captured it in a great way. Also, the colors are spectacular. Great work on that one.

Taylor said...

I think I am dreading this assignment way in advance.

I don't know anything about sports either (the closest I get are my little brother's games). I think these look great though...and I agree with Stuart about the one of the pitcher. That one stood out to me the most.