Sunday, April 20, 2008

Music

Well, It's about that time for me to start going through all of my archives and finding photos for my portfolio. It's overwhelming to say the least. I found a few shots that I really love from concerts in the past year. I probably won't include any of them in my final portfolio, but they are fun to look at! I'm trying to decide if I should go to Pitchfork this year and I've also decided against going to Lollapalooza even though it was becoming a tradition. Anyway, here are some artists that I like.



This is a band from my hometown area called The Dowry and they are lovely to listen to.



This is Gregg Gillis, better known as Girl Talk, who does mash-ups that are too much fun. He came to Mojo's in Columbia, MO a few months back and the entire bar was packed with people.



Even though he doesn't sing a word or play an instrument, he manages to keep the entire audience fixated on him as he sheds articles of clothing and dances with his fans throughout the show.




This is Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley who played at Jesse Auditorium at the beginning of the school year. It was a lot of fun to shoot in such great lighting.



Guitarist Blake Sennett of Rilo Kiley.

4 comments:

Phoebe Sexton said...

Nice music stuff. I shot a lot of concerts in Boston, but was never really pleased with my images - these, however, I think are great. With bigger venues, you get nice lighting, but with the smaller places, you get such great interaction. If this whole "photojournalist" thing doesn't work out for us, we should start a club that has both. Deal?

Anonymous said...

i LOVE girl talk. i wish i could have gone to that show.

and the guitarist from Rilo Kiley looks far too well kept.

Fodoz said...

blake sennett is so cute and little. bahhhhh

Anonymous said...

Earth Day isnt far left, but i would say many of the people who get REALLY into it would fall into that category.

aaand like i said in the post, it was at best a weak assailing of that group of thinking.