Thursday, March 13, 2008

Beginning a Story



Sean Spence speaks to a small group of supporters at the Pasta Factory in downtown Columbia, MO on Wednesday March 12, 2008. Spence is running for State Representative of the 25th district and uses events at local restaurants to strengthen his grassroots campaign.




Leigh Leyshock, girlfriend of Sean Spence, directs students where to sit before a campaign event on Wednesday at the Pasta Factory in Columbia, MO.



A stack of thank-you notes addressed to campaign donors sits near the door of Sean Spence’s downtown apartment. Spence spends several hours a day knocking on doors and making phone calls to promote and fund his campaign.




Sean Spence makes campaign phone calls Tuesday March 11, 2008 morning from home. His fundraising goals have been set to collect $250 an hour during these call periods.



4 comments:

William Lounsbury said...

I like the last one.

Sean Spence is so great

Anonymous said...

Sean Spence is my favorite politician ever. I would say you are my favorite photographer ever, but you are not me.

Nice work.

Anonymous said...

I was kind of nervous about the project -- but, at the same time, very flattered. Anjali is a pleasure to work with and I'm so excited to have such a talented woman photographically documenting the campaign.

Anonymous said...

Cute pic.